We all have a roof, right? But do we all know what components there are to our roofs? Probably not.
Here are you roof system components:
1. Roof Covering: Shingles or metal are the most common types. You could also have slate or tile.
2. Sheathing: These are the boards or sheeting material that is fastened to the rafters to cover your house.
3. Roof Structure: Rafters and trusses make the support for your roof.
4. Flashing: This is the material that installed in your roofs joints and valley to protect your home from leaking and water seepage.
5. Drainage: How well does your roof shed water? That depends on the design, shape, and slope of you roof.
6. Ventilation: Venting your roof properly is an important component of the roofing system. We will also check your attic for any other ventilation issues.
The next step is to understand when to replace or repair your roof. Our experts can guide you through the process of choosing the correct materials your your particular roof.